Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year!

I waited in line for fourty minutes to have my turn to buy tamales at Rubens in San Antonio last Friday. At least i got mine! On Christmas Eve they sold out ( 3000) by 7:00 AM! Not only is it worth the wait for the tamales but the conversation in line is led by Lee ( the manager who has worked for the family since he was eleven!) He will tell you, among other things, that he is the only black man in the world who makes tamales and that they are the worlds best! After eating a half dozen on the hood of my truck my wife went back inside to buy three dozen more! I wont say how many dozen we bought totally but I'm ready to drive back to San Antonio and wait in line again any time you'd like to go with me! He matters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home