Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Electro-Voice

This is Pat, the son of "Son"  Thomas. I met him at the Highway 61 Blues Museum in Leland, Mississippi. And that has nothing to do with Electro-Voice, the brand of the first stereo speakers I ever bought. Since I'm basically living in a recliner in our living room while my leg heals and as its now Advent, with the season upon us for Christmas music, I asked Renee' to put some on. She pointed out that we had removed the main speakers in advance of having new carpet installed. All that were left in place were the nearly 50 year old bookshelf Electro- Voices, mounted about 10 feet off the floor. Certain that I'd be disappointed I went ahead and to my amazement they sounded great! Their clarity, range, and even bass response were excellent. Even though they are long gone ,my thanks to the Warehouse Sound Co in San Luis Obispo for recommending them. My Marantz 1120 still powers the whole set up, recommended and bought from them as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home