Sunday, March 24, 2024

I Dont Like Cell Phones!

 and I know the great majority of the worlds cell phone users (99.9999%) have no desire to read another long rant against them. I will admit to being among the first to have one of the Motorola Bricks, and attracted many interested persons when i would first use it, particularly in airports. I had it for one reason- Work, specifically when traveling ( which I did quite a bit of). Back then there were plenty of pay phones but ANY Time I tried to use one for a very important call, like closing a sale involving weeks of work ( non of my customers would ever do that when i WAS IN THE OFFICE)- a 1962 Oldsmobile, with no mufflers, full of screaming kids and the radio playing atTOP VOLUME would pull up! Even if I was inside the airport terminal! No TSA back then!

So nowadays, having been retired for some years, although I still have a call phone it mostly stays turned off, with the battery near death. I will admit to using it when traveling ( though i no longer have to fly* ) but only to search for places to eat!**

This is a picture of my android cell phone ,as you can see from the screen I take GREAT care of it!


* you see we have an RV, which of course being broken down in one manner or another almost all the time, saves us from doing much traveling!

** or looking towing services for the RV when it inconveniently breaks down, always at least 650 miles from any repair facility!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home