Thursday, August 10, 2006

Autumn Leaves


It would be nice if those were autumn leaves lying there in the gutter, a cool freshness in the air, and it was twenty years ago. The occasion, meet the teacher night for Hallie's coming first day in public school!
It is August and early August in Texas besides. That is grass dried up and blown away by the 100 degree days so I don't need to tell you about the lack of a chill in the air. And as for the twenty years ago, well I probably couldn't, or wouldn't, have left work in the middle of the afternoon to go with my wife and daughter to meet the teacher back then.
As you see it wasn't exactly go with Hallie either! She didn't need or want any hand holding and kept up a pace that left Renee' and I bringing up the rear! Or maybe it was just the twenty years that made us a little slower. I know the sweat in my eyes made it hard to walk fast.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and eye for color.

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home