Sunday, November 24, 2019

Thankful

Sometimes we have come to expect too much! We want it all NOW! And expect our choices to be unlimited. And unfortunately a very vocal and relatively affluent minority of us living on this planet can have those expectations met. I'm not talking about just the 1% or the 10% but a lot of people so far removed from the majority living here on planet earth that we might as well be in the 1%. I grew up poor, not hungry or un-housed or unclothed, but poor by standards in the 1950's in the United States. Now I find myself upset that for most months of the year I cant get nice ripe, firm, juicy pears! I can buy several varieties but they are hard and green. What a pity! I demand that they be in season all year long!!!
So now that they are actually in season my wife ordered me a small box. They are perfect and sublimely delicious! So juicy that I have to hold a napkin underneath one as I bite into it or my beard fills with juice. 
Most importantly, about the second one I ate, I realized just how blessed I was to receive them! How blessed I am in all things! And how I wouldnt even begin to understand how delicious they were if I had them all year long!
And then theres the fact that my wife doesnt like pears so I dont even have to share!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home