Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Our Free Range Flock of Chickens!


  I looked out the window at dusk yesterday and saw our flock of chicken were dressed for the Christmas Holidays! The fact that they are there at all is a reminder ( for me) of the first time I got the courage to ask a beautiful girl out on a date! The fact that she said no, wasn't a great surprise, but her quickly proffered excuse cut VERY DEEP! I had heard I've got to study, wash my hair, just plain No- but NEVER anything that let me know just how low on the dating scale I ranked, she said........ I've got to go catch chickens!

 For the majority of you, who didnt grow up in the country, there's not much nastier, dirtier, or tiring ( short of cleaning out a hog pen or outhouse) than catching chickens! And catching chickens was more desirable than a date with me.

  Well I got up the nerve to ask again and this coming Sunday ( if we make it!) We will be married Forty-Five Years! We never once entertained having any chickens!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home