Saturday, August 26, 2006

Two More


Two more from our earlier visit to the junk store. Every time I see a mounted deer head or horns I am reminded of the of the American Indian poem/song titled
The Deers Song it's entirety is this line.......
My shining horns.
And lately I've been thinking about how important our flag really is and how many times it is displayed for all the wrong reasons and how small, how insignificant an impression it makes on us when we see it. My daughter just completed her second week of school, kindergarten,she loves it! She has told her mother and I that her favorite part is saying the Pledge of Allegiance. It had never occured to us to teach it to her or even recite it to her. I know that I am often guilty of paying no more attention to the flag than a billboard or a sign for a fast food place. And maybe more concern/interest in what the price of gas is on a filling station sign!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home