Tuesday, July 16, 2024

I Wish I Could Remember

 exactly when I moved to Austin. Too young then, about to turn 23, to remember even the exact year! My memory is that it was about May of 1975 or 76! When I arrived there was only one building downtown taller than the State Capitol along with the UT Tower and Dobie Center on the UT Campus! I wish I had taken a picture of the skyline then, this one is from about a month ago. I don't know that I've ever seen a more dramatic sky than this though!  There were also only a few more than 300K people, now  nearly 2.3m!!

So much more than the buildings or the population has changed in that "50 years +or-". The best was marrying my sweetheart of five years in 1978! We've been working on a life together, here in Austin- or really Dripping Springs , for over 45 glorious years!  Well, maybe there have been a few stormy days, like the one this picture was taken!

  

left click to enlarge!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

I can only imagine the changes you have seen since the 70's!

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home