Saturday, April 22, 2006

On a monitor

I found when I viewed this image a day later, on another monitor, that it looked entirely different-- and very very wrong! So I'm reposting a version that I hope will view accurately. Like I said I'm a lot more confident of showing my images the way I want them to be seen as a finished print! And even though I didn't plan this I'm going to leave the original post below. The words, anyway, are what I intended.
I hope that you can see Christ there on the cross, almost hidden in the shadow. That's one thing I really prefer about prints over computer screens, the sublety and control the photographer has over how the image is actually viewed. It's a shame, our shame- my shame, that even after He has died on that cross for us all and we have celebrated His resurrection just a week ago how quickly we will let Him slip out of our daily lives. How we let the shadows cover our eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home