Sunday, July 21, 2024

Going Back About 22 Years!

 I've been going back in my digital files to 2002. I had about a year or so experience in digital then and was very certain it would NEVER replace film for me! But we were about to embark on the most eventful trip of our life.... to China to claim our daughter! I had a couple of digital point&shoots and a Nikon D100! It had just been released in February of that year and had a price of 2K and a whopping 6 megapixel capture! Thankfully, all my Nikon lenses fit the camera!

Besides bringing home our daughter that trip convinced me there was a future in digital! If for no other reason than the thousands of photos I took would have required over nearly fifty rolls of film and we had no room for that because as you know, my wife took ( and brought back) a case of toilet paper!




My digital editing skills were primitive ( are pretty much still are) whats amazing is how much differently you see things quite a few years after the fact. Of course becoming parents had a huge impact on our outlook of everything!

So I'm gleaning, re-editing, and going to be posting some of those "new" images.  I now have a 40 megapixel plus camera, which all things considered produces not much better than these pictures.

Our amazement at our daughter and who she has become has only grown 100 fold!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Crazy how far digital has come and how the prices have changed. I am content buying older models of cameras and trail cameras as they are much cheaper and were top of the line just 12 months ago!

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home