Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Well I missed the Blue Supermoon this August!

 In fact I went to bed before it even rose! I did see it through the trees the night before though! When its been up to 105 for the days high and still in the 90's at 9pm its just not that pleasant to head outside and find a spot where you can see the moon rise!

 However, I do have this Moon Rise ( and it was a Blue Moon!) that I made back in 2004. Parked off the Ross Maxwell Scenic Drive in the Big Bend National Park, looking eastward towards the South Rim of the Chisos Mountains! Only six megapixels of digital capture available to me then and very little dynamic range.There was just the faintest afterglow on the mountains from the set sun. More than 12 stops difference between them and the incredibly bright moon by the time it cleared the low clouds. Renee' and I , well mostly Renee', also had our hands full with Hallie- our then three year old daughter! Much, much cooler in the Chihuahuan desert after dusk and she was eager to explore- no mind the cactus, tarantulas, or rattlesnakes! 

 Photographically I imagine I could do far better today but I could never replace the wonderful memories we made that night!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just beautiful!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home