Sunday, February 09, 2020

I Really Remember Only Two Birthdays-

my wife's and my daughters. Not that I don't have other family and friends I love and care about, alive and gone- I very much do so- that's just the way my mind is. For all the photographs I've driven those same people crazy taking, I don't even carry a photograph of my daughter or wife. So today that same daughter posted a picture on a group chat ( which I don't do either- chat, group or otherwise) of her and her MoMo ( my mother) remembering her birthday today! It touched me, in a way its hard to explain. Kind of like understanding why, when I was a young kid, we would drive for hours to some remote cemetery- on the only day my father took off, to hoe weeds from rocky ground around and over graves of distant relatives- many of whom passed even before my father was born.
 Its comforting to know the tradition continues, even though my father never got to meet his granddaughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home