Thursday, February 20, 2020

Time to Take Renee' to Salt Lick!

  Here in the Hill Country its rainy, windy, and 41 degrees! Yesterday was 80! My wife loves Salt Lick BBQ, me not so much even though we've been eating there since the early 70's when it was only open a few days a week and would sometimes close early not because they ran out of BBQ but because nobody would come in! Not the case anymore, in fact you need a day like today to get in without a long wait!
  When they started they actually cooked on a pit like the one above, now its just for show- its all on big rotisserie ovens hidden from sight! But today was the first time they ever told me I couldn't have my brisket cut from the fatty end! Most people want lean so it shouldn't be a problem, and even as slow as it was( about 50 people there at 2pm) you'd wouldn't have a brisket sliced on both ends for very long! You normally cut a brisket from the lean end so the juice doesn't run out. So I had a chopped beef sandwich.
  That and my wifes two meat senior plate, two iced teas, and a bowl of cobbler was $50.
  Her smiles were worth twice that much!
   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home